Europe comprises many developed countries and they built hundreds of Airports to connect places for millions of passengers. The busiest Airports in Europe are ranked by total passengers traffic per year (data by National Aviation Authority Statistics – 2016).
|1||Heathrow Airport||London, United Kingdom||75,671,863|
|2||Charles de Gaulle Airport||Paris, France||65,933,145|
|3||Amsterdam Airport Schiphol||Amsterdam, Netherlands||63,625,664|
|4||Frankfurt Airport||Frankfurt, Germany||60,792,308|
|5||Istanbul Ataturk Airport||Istanbul, Turkey||60,119,215|
|6||Adolfo Suarez Madrid–Barajas Airport||Madrid, Spain||50,420,583|
|7||Barcelona El Prat Airport||Barcelona, Spain||44,154,693|
|8||London-Gatwick Airport||London, United Kingdom||43,114,888|
|9||Munich Airport||Munich, Germany||42,277,692|
|10||Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport||Rome, Italy||41,744,769|
|11||Sheremetyevo International Airport||Moscow, Russia||33,655,605|
|12||Paris-Orly Airport||Paris, France||31,237,865|
|13||Sabiha Gokeen Airport||Istanbul, Turkey||29,577,735|
|14||Copenhagen Airport||Copenhagen, Denmark||29,043,287|
|15||Domodedovo International Airport||Moscow, Russia||28,500,259|
|16||Dublin Airport||Dublin, Ireland||27,908,347|
|17||Zurich Airport||Zurich, Switzerland||27,666,428|
|18||Palma de Mallorca Airport||Palma de Mallorca, Spain||26,253,882|
|19||Oslo Airport, Gardermoen||Oslo, Norway||25,787,691|
|20||Manchester Airport||Manchester, United Kingdom||25,598,827|
- There are hundreds of Airports in Europe, from all kinds of sizes, and thousands to millions of passengers per year.
- Heathrow Airport in London is the busiest in Europe and sixth busiest in the world.
- Normally Europeans choose airplane to travel outstations.
- Many Airports located in United Kingdom, Spain, Germany, France, and Italy.
- Keflavik International Airport in Iceland seen 40.5% increase in Passenger traffic between 2015-2016.
- France’s Charles de Gaulle Airport is second largest in Europe with around 10 million passengers behind Heathrow Airport.
- There are 10 airports which receive more than 40 million passengers per year (in 2016).