Sweden, a developed country dotted with several cities and towns. The population of cities low comparing to the major cities in the world. The unique ancient and modern structures are well-known in the cities of Sweden. The list of 20 largest cities or towns in Sweden listed below and ranked by Metropolitan population.
- Stockholm is the most populous, largest and the capital city of Sweden.
- Nearly 23% of the Sweden people living in a Stockholm metropolitan area, It has a metro density of 350/km2.
- Gothenburg is the second most populous city with city density of 1,300/km2.
- Many major cities situated along the coastal line of Sweden.
- Sweden has a population of 10 million and ranked 55th by geographical area.
- About 85% of the population live in urban areas, higher in the south part of Sweden.
- Several cities Inhabited at least 100 years and contain ancient structures.
- Modern structures and buildings found in cities of Sweden.
- Only 8 cities have over 100,000 population in Sweden.
- A Third of the country’s population emigrated, most of them to the United States and Canada.