There are several Cities with an extensive population, many populous cities are capital cities of the respective countries. The largest cities in Europe ranked according to the population within the city boundaries (City Proper). The largest cities in Europe, some are in the transcontinental country, however, cities are situated on the European side. All cities listed below are mostly geographically situated in Europe.
Istanbul, with 14,804,116 inhabitants, is the largest European city located in Turkey. It has 1,539 km2 of urban area and metro population density of 2,820/km2. The city holds over 31% of Turkey’s GDP with US$ 266 billion as of 2017. Moscow is the second largest city with over 13 million residents. Hundreds of attractions found in Moscow including modern structures, heritage sites and parks. London, a famous city and business hub, is the third largest city. It has a population density of 5,590/km2 and covers in 1,572 km2.
- Istanbul located on the European side in a transcontinental country Turkey. a populous European city.
- Moscow situated entirely on the Europe Continent, the capital city of Russia.
- The population is relatively slow in many cities in Europe.
- The population density of the cities average compared to cities in other continents.
- The cities have their own popular tourist destinations.
- Many cities in Europe have ancient structures with historical background.
- The cities in Europe are very beautiful and economically rich with a modern touch.