Europe comprises of many small countries including transcontinental countries. The list of 50 Countries of Europe by geographical area of particular countries. Russia is the largest country in Europe while the Vatican city smallest. Vatican City also the smallest country in the world. Most of the countries in Europe have a high Human Development Index (HDI) compared to other continents. The ranking of largest countries by the surface area (European side) of the respective countries.
A share of European countries by Area (In Percentage):
- Russia (39.0%)
- Ukraine (5.9%)
- France (5.4%)
- Spain (4.9%)
- Sweden (4.4%)
- Norway (3.8%)
- Germany (3.5%)
- Finland (3.3%)
- Poland (3.1%)
- Italy (3.0%)
- United Kingdom (2.4%)
- Romania (2.3%)
- Other (19%)
Facts to Know
- Europe’s total geographical area 10,180,000 km2 and it is the sixth largest and second smallest continent by area in the world. The estimated European coastline is approximately 66,000 km long.
- Europe comprises 6.8% of earth’s land area and 2% of the Earth’s surface.
- Russia, Kazakhstan, Turkey, and Kazakhstan are the transcontinental countries. utmost part of Russia and Kazakhstan located in Asia.
- Ukraine, the largest country situated entirely in Europe.
- Many countries in Europe are small by size, only a few are large by area.
- Russia, the largest country in the world with 17,098,242 km2 in total, 13,261,590 km2 of land situated in Asia. Russia spread 39% of the continent by Area.
- Kazakhstan is the transcontinental country most parts of the country in Asia (about 2,544,902 km2).
- Turkey located between Euro-Asia region, covered total area of 783,562 km2, 760,055 km2 part of Asia. The European side of Turkey has just 3% of land in Europe.
- Kosovo is a partially recognized state.