The European Union holds 28 member countries. The EU established for free movement of people, goods, services, and capital. It is easy to travel within a member state in the European Union as every state following the same rule by the EU. All Member states have a high Human Development Index (HDI), even most of the European countries have a fair HDI. London and Paris are the largest cities in the European Union. Over 50% of the population can speak English fluently, German, French and Italian are also popular in the EU. The EU makes it easier for member states people to buy and sell things to each other.
Motto: “United in diversity”.
- The European Union founded by six countries namely Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands.
- 19 member states in the EU use the Euro as their currency.
- The population of the EU is 510,056,011 (2016 estimate) covering 7.3% of the world population.
- The European Union formed on November 1, 1993, with headquarter located in Brussels, Belgium.
- The EU is a combined union of TEEC (1958), and TEU.
- The 19 member states cover 4,423,147 sq km with 65,993 km long coastline.
- The EU considered a superpower on political and Economy entity.
- The United Kingdom has not yet initiated the formal withdrawal procedure. The UK voted to leave the EU on June 23, 2016. It will have two years to negotiate its withdrawal.
- London is the largest urban area with 13.8 million population.
- The EU has 24 official and operating languages.
- Christianity is the largest religion, accounting about 72% of the EU Population.
- Football is the most popular sport in EU Countries. Rugby, Ice Hockey, Basketball, Cricket, Handball, Volleyball and Water Polo also famous in some member countries.
- In Short, It has the second largest GDP in the world with $19.2 trillion after China (20.8 trillion).
- The European Unions Internet TLD is .eu and www.europa.eu is the official website.