Europe is the third-most populous continent on the planet. The 50 countries in the list, ranked by the total population and a population density of countries.
- As of 2013 estimation, Europe Continent has a population of over 742 million.
- Europe, the second densely populated continent after Asia.
- Europe, the third-most populous continent after Asia and Africa. The continent holds about 11% of the total world population.
- In 1916, about 330 million inhabitants in Europe.
- Germany is the most populous country and situated entirely in Europe continent.
- Russia is the most populous transcontinental country comprising 15% of Europe population while Vatican City is the least populous Country with only 900 inhabitants.
- Between the year 1700 to 1900, Europe’s population increased from 100 million to 400 million.
- Monaco is the densely populated country with a density of 16,403 people per square kilometres while Iceland with the least density of 2.7 people per sq km.
- Christianity is the largest religion comprising over 76% of the total population of Europe.
- Over 70 million Europeans died by the war between 1914 and 1945.
- Cyprus and Ireland have strong annual population growth, 1.49 and 1.20% respectively.
- The population of the European Union (EU) is about 508 million as of 2015.
- Hardly, 23% of the total population in Asian part of Russia while rest of population in Europe Russia.
- over 240 million people reside in the transcontinental countries.
- English, the widely spoken language of Europe, about 49% of the total population.
Latest population data and estimate by census departments of specific countries.
Dependent territories and not fully recognized states not listed.