In Europe, many regions divided geographically and Politically, only prominent and famous regions are mentioned in the below list.
Do you Know?
- The European Union is the economically divided region for economic development.
- The Benelux Union is established on 5th September 1944. And is a Politico-economic union for grouping to the geographic, economic and culture.
- The Countries in the Mediterranean region has many tourist sites and are the important income source.
- Interestingly, British isles comprise more than six thousand smaller islands.
- The Alps are the highest and most extensive mountain range. It is stretching about 1,200 km.
- Baltic States is formed to cooperate in several intergovernmental organization on a regional level.
- Mount Musala (2,925 meters) is the highest point of Balkan Peninsula.
- There is argue for the inclusion of the Iceland, Finland, and Faroe Island to Scandinavia region.
- Mediterranean (2,500,000 km2) is the largest geographical region while Benelux (76,657 km2) is the smallest region in Europe.