Europe is the third richest continent by GDP after Asia and North America. Europe’s total GDP exceeds US$21 trillion. Germany, the richest country in Europe by GDP (Nominal and PPP), ranked 4th in nominal GDP and 5th in PPP in the world. The richest countries of Europe ranked by GDP (Nominal, PPP, and PPP (per Capita)).
List of Richest Countries by GDP (PPP per Capita)
Richest Countries by GDP (Nominal)
In Billions US$
List of Richest Countries by GDP (PPP)
In Billion US$
According to the Central Intelligence Agency, Liechtenstein and Monaco are the richest by:
- GDP (nominal) per capita of Liechtenstein: $143,151
- GDP (nominal) per capita of Monaco: $168,000
both are microstates, have very small land area.
- Luxembourg, the richest country by per capita income while Moldova the least.
- Many top-ranked countries by wealth are located in the European Union.
- Five countries of Europe ranked in top ten of world’s largest national economies in GDP (PPP).
- Europe has many economically developed countries than countries in other continents.
- Monaco is the sovereign city-state and micro city-state (2.02 km2). Monaco has the highest GDP per capita ($168,000) in Europe.
- In 48 European countries, most of them are developed economically.
- Europe is the largest exporter of different services and products, especially automotive.
- Most of the European Countries GDP per capita is higher than the world’s average.
- Six countries namely Germany, UK, France, Italy, Russia and Spain all are listed in the world’s top 15 by GDP.
- Many of the top-ranked and notable companies headquartered in Europe.
- People’s lifestyle and income of the people in Western Europe.